In recent years, regulated gas prices have most often declined, or at least stagnated, for the first month of summer. This is not the case this time. Another specificity of the month of June 2021: it is marked by the end of the winter break, usually lifted on the 1stis April. Overview of the main changes affecting personal finances in June.
- + 4.4% for regulated gas prices
After an increase of 1.1% (excluding tax) on 1is May, regulated gas prices rose 4.4% on average on 1is June. In details, “This increase is 1.2% for customers who use gas for cooking, 2.6% for those who have dual use, cooking and hot water, and 4.6% for homes that heat themselves gas “, indicates the Energy Regulatory Commission (CRE).
In question, she explains: “The rise in gas prices on the world market due in particular to high demand in Asia and South America”, but also, “In Europe, the increase in the price of CO emission allowances2 as well as maintenance operations in the North Sea ” and the “Temperatures below seasonal norms” who weakened “The level of storage” Europeans. “These factors depend on uncontrollable external events which could last the coming months”, also indicates the CRE.
- The winter break is over
The first day of June also marks the end of the winter break, extended by two months this year due to the health context. This period during which rental evictions are prohibited (with exceptions), as well as gas and electricity cuts, lasted in 2020 until July 10, also due to the crisis linked to Covid-19. For this year, however, the government has announced “A gradual transition”.
“At the end of the truce, if an eviction must take place, it will be accompanied by the proposal of another accommodation, or failing a proposal of accommodation until a more lasting solution is found”, said the government at the end of April in a press release, specifying that “The most vulnerable households, from a health or family point of view, will be kept in the housing” and that the State commits “To quickly indemnify all affected owners of all the legally payable sums”.
- Rent control in Saint-Denis
Aubervilliers, Epinay-sur-Seine, L’Ile-Saint-Denis, La Courneuve, Pierrefitte-sur-Seine, Saint-Denis, Saint-Ouen-sur-Seine, Stains and Villetaneuse: in Ile-de-France, such are the nine municipalities of Seine-Saint-Denis which will apply from 1is June the regulation of rents, following the example of Paris and Lille (North). The entire territory of the Plaine Commune inter-municipal structure is concerned. The interactive map of reference rents is available here.
“The framework applies to leases signed as of 1is June 2021 for bare and furnished rentals: new accommodation (relocations and first rentals), renewals of leases and mobility leases ”, Plaine Commune said in a press release.
- The extended “Visale” warranty
Access to the Visale guarantee (Visa for housing and employment) is about to be extended to all employees earning less than 1,500 euros net per month, or six million people, according to the government. This new eligible audience will be able to submit their request on the platform “During the day of June 3, the 4 at the latest”, told the World the team of the Deputy Minister in charge of housing, Emmanuelle Wargon.
Visale is a free rental deposit scheme available to some for the rental of their main residence, furnished or not, if the rent does not exceed 1,300 euros, or 1,500 euros in Ile-de-France; in particular, it guarantees the owner the payment of rents and charges. For the time being, it was reserved for people under 30, as well as employees over 30 in certain situations (for example recently hired people – the conditions are detailed on the official website).
- Double authentication for almost all payments
With a few exceptions, all online payments are theoretically subject, since May 15, to “double authentication”. This means that you must now be asked for two proofs of identification when making a purchase on the Internet, among the following three options: an item that only you know (for example a password), an item that only you have ( like your smartphone), a biometric element (fingerprint or face, voice).
A tolerance period of one month had however been decided, to give traders time to adapt, it ends on June 15.
- Taxes: last straight line for the declaration
If you have not yet filed your income tax return, time is running out: the deadline is set for Tuesday 1is June for online declaration in departments 20 to 54 (including Corsica) and to Tuesday June 8 for departments with a number greater than 54. The deadlines for paper declaration and online declaration in departments 1 to 19 were respectively set for May 20 and May 26.
- The start of the 2021 summer sales is delayed
It is finally not on June 23 but on June 30 that the summer sales will begin, for four weeks, announced the Ministry of the Economy. A postponement due to “Economic consequences of the Covid-19 health crisis for traders”, indicates the government. Details of the departments benefiting from derogatory dates and the dates applicable overseas are expected by regulation in the coming days.
You have until the end of the month to …
If you are affected by one of the following devices, be careful, they end on June 30th.
- Les donations « Covid ». It is a temporary tax exemption measure granted to certain family donations made between July 15, 2020 and June 30, 2021, to encourage the transmission of heritage to the youngest. However, it has very restrictive eligibility criteria. The money must be used, under certain conditions, for the construction of a main residence, energy renovation work or the subscription to the capital of a small business.
- Transfer of training hours. In order not to lose the rights acquired thanks to the old individual right to training, you must transfer them to your professional training account, no later than June 30. “With more than 10 million employees who do not have [pour l’heure] not done, it is a budget of at least 12 billion euros that will be lost for employees instead of being invested in their professional training. “
- Insulation at 1 euro. Among the measures aimed at promoting energy savings, the “insulation and heating boost” bonuses have been introduced. Two changes occur on 1is July, explains the government: “The help for the installation of high-performance gas boilers and high-performance electric heaters is coming to an end”, and “The roof and floor insulation boost will be modified in order to end the offers [commerciales] at 1 euro “.