After a double dose of action and adventure with Captain Carter and T’Challa, Star-Lord, the first season of Disney+ and Marvel Studios’ What If…? has taken a bit of a darker tone with its episodes. From watching the original Avengers line-up get picked off to bearing witness to Dr. Stephen Strange’s descent into evil as he looks to reverse a tragedy by any means necessary to a reality where Marvel Zombies walk the land, we think you get our point. Hopefully, Michael B. Jordan‘s Killmonger can swing things back to how the series started. To honor the character’s role in the upcoming sixth episode, the studio and streamer have released a piece of character profile key art that you can check out below:
Now here’s a look back at the official trailer for Disney+ and Marvel Studios’ What If…?:
Marvel’s What If…? flips the script on the MCU, reimagining famous events from the films in unexpected ways. Coming to Disney+ this August from director Bryan Andrews and head writer AC Bradley, Marvel Studios’ first animated series focuses on different heroes from the MCU (watched over by Jeffrey Wright‘s The Watcher), featuring a voice cast that includes a host of stars who reprise their roles (based on details previously released).
- Ant-Man: Paul Rudd as Ant-Man and Michael Douglas as Hank Pym
- Black Panther: Chadwick Boseman as Black Panther and Michael B. Jordan as Killmonger
- Captain America: Sebastian Stan as Bucky Barnes, Hayley Atwell as Peggy Carter, Toby Jones as Arnim Zola, and Neal McDonough as Dum Dum Dugan
- Guardians of the Galaxy: Karen Gillan as Nebula, Sean Gunn as Kraglin, Michael Rooker as Yondu, and Djimon Hounsou as Korath
- Thor: Chris Hemsworth as Thor, Tom Hiddleston as Loki, Natalie Portman as Jane Foster, Taika Waititi as Korg, and Jeff Goldblum as Grandmaster
- Marvel Cinematic Universe: Benicio, the bull as The Collector, Benedict Cumberbatch as Doctor Strange, Josh Brolin as Thanos, Mark Ruffalo as Bruce Banner/The Hulk, Samuel L. Jackson as Nick Fury, Jeremy Renner as Hawkeye, and Dominic Cooper as Howard Stark.