Discover the most important ephemeris of today, September 3, the saint that is celebrated, the zodiac sign that corresponds to it and what happened one day like today around the world. Is it the birthday of a famous person?
Discover what happened on a day like today September 3, be it a couple of years, decades or centuries ago. Besides of saints, the births, famous birthday, Signs of the zodiac and deaths. You will be surprised to know that on a day like today Anne Frank stopped writing in your diary, Michael Jackson was buried, the protagonist of the film “The Green Mile” died and Charlie Sheen celebrates his birthday.
Knowing these data will make you a much more interesting person. In addition, the most important historical events of the calendar of Mexico and the world, will allow you to understand more of the present that we live. While the ephemeris are the ideal way to be informed about the characters that had a preponderant role in the development of life as we know it.
Whether to surprise your friends with a curious fact of the day, find out if your birthday O Zodiac sign matches that of a famous person or to find out why there is some regional celebration according to the saints. Take note:
What is celebrated or commemorated today, September 3?
- Today the World Hygiene DayAs every September 3, we seek to raise awareness about the importance of hygiene for health care, mainly now that we must take extreme precautions when we are in the middle of a pandemic.
- It is commemorated in Mexico that Chiapas declared itself independent from Spain on September 3, 1821.
- In Argentina the Ironmonger’s Day.
What saints are celebrated today September 3?
- Saint Gregory the Great
- Saint Aigulfo
- San Aristeo obispo
- San Auxano of Milan
- Saint Basilisa of Nicomedia
- San Crodogango de Sées
- St. Phoebe of Corinth
- San Macanisio de Irlanda
- San Mansueto de Toul
- San Marino
Horoscope: What zodiac sign is a person who was born on September 3?
Those born between August 24 to September 23 are entitled to the Virgo zodiac sign at Horoscope, ruled by Mercury. The sixth sign of the zodiac is represented by the image of the virgin goddess Astrea. Together with Taurus and Capricorn they belong to Earth element.
Celebrities who have a birthday on September 3
- Charlie Sheen, actor – turns 56 (Born September 3, 1965)
- Jack Dylan Grazer, actor of Shazam! – turns 18 (Born on September 3, 2003)
- Garrett Hedlund, actor – turns 37 (Born September 3, 1984)
- B.G., rapper – turns 41 (Born September 3, 1980)
- Steve Jones, British band guitarist Sex Pistols – turns 66 (September 3, 1955)
- Doraemon, Japanese manga character, the robot cat from the future (Born on September 3, 2112)
Athletes with a birthday on September 3
- Julio César Soares Espíndola, ex-Brazilian soccer player – turns 42 (He was born on September 3, 1979).
- Daniel Bilos, Argentine footballer – turns 41 (He was born on September 3, 1980).
- Nicky Hunt, English footballer – turns 38 (He was born on September 3, 1983).
- Augusto Farfus, Brazilian motor racing driver – turns 38 (Born on September 3, 1983).
- Robson Luís, Brazilian soccer player – turns 45 (Born on September 3, 1976)
- Samuel Kuffour “Sammy “, Ghanaian footballer – turns 45 (Born September 3, 1976)
- José Néstor Pékerman, former player and technical director of Argentine soccer – turns 72 (Born September 3, 1949)
- Fernando Arcega placeholder image, former Spanish basketball player – turns 61 (Born September 3, 1960)
Who else was born on September 3?
- 1856 – Louis Sullivan, American architect forerunner of modern architecture (d. 1924).
- 1875 – Ferdinand Porsche, Austrian-German automotive engineer, founder of Porsche (d. 1951).
- 1884 – Francisco Jose Múgica, Mexican military and politician (d. 1954).
- 1889 – Jose Maria Belauste, Spanish soccer player (f. 1964).
- 1890 – Agustín Olachea, Mexican politician and military (f. 1973).
- 1905 – Carl David Anderson, American physicist, Nobel Prize in Physics in 1936 (d. 1991).
- 1929 – Whitey Bulger, criminal estadounidense (f. 2018).
- 1934 – Lucien Müller, French footballer and coach.
- 1940 – Eduardo Galeano, Uruguayan journalist and writer (f. 2015).
- 1942 – Al Jardine, American singer of the band The Beach Boys.
- 1971 – Drain De Niro, American actress.
- 1975 – Redfoo (Stefan Kendal Gordy), American singer of the band LMFAO.
Who died on September 3?
- 1836 – Daniel Mendoza, British boxer (b. 1764).
- 1951 – Ernestina Lecuona, Cuban composer, pianist and teacher (b. 1882).
- 1968 – Juan José Castro, Argentine composer (b. 1895).
- 1971 – Rosa Wernicke, Argentine writer and poet (b.1907).
- 1977 – Blackie, periodista argentina (n. 1912).
- 1979 – Marcelino García Barragán, Mexican military and politician (b. 1895).
- 1989 – Gaetano Scirea, Italian football player (b.1953).
- 1994 – Billy Wright, British footballer (b.1924).
- 2005 – Joan Segarra, Spanish soccer player (n. 1927).
- 2012 – Michael Clarke Duncan, American actor (b.1957)
- 2016 – Miguel Ángel Bustillo, Spanish footballer (b.1934).
Events of September 3: What happened on a day like today?
- 1821 – Mexico, Chiapas declares itself independent from Spain.
- 1821 – A hurricane hits New York, in the United States.
- 1925 – The first international handball game is played.
- 1930 – Dominican Republic, a hurricane devastates the capital Santo Domingo and causes the death of more than 800 people.
- 1930 – In the United States, French pilots Diudonné Costes and Maurice Bellonte land near New York, after crossing the Atlantic in a 37-hour flight.
- 1934 – The Economic Culture Fund (FCE) was founded in Mexico, an initiative of the economist Daniel Cosío Villegas.
- 1939 – In Bydgoszcz (in German, Bromberg), in Poland ―in the framework of World War II― the Nazis perpetrate the murders of Bloody Sunday.
- 1939 – In the framework of World War II, England and France declare war on Germany after the invasion of Poland.
- 1939 – Arrives in Valparaíso on the Winnipeg ship, which transports Spanish emigrants taken from France by the Chilean special consul, the poet Pablo Neruda.
- 1944 – The Jewish Girl Anna Frank (15 years old) She is sent to the Nazi German concentration camp at Auschwitz, it is the date she stopped writing in her diary.
- 1950 – In Buenos Aires, Racing inaugurates its current stadium, El Cilindro, winning 1-0 against Vélez Sarsfield.
- 1976 – The American Spaceship Viking 2 lands on Mars.
- 1981 – The Convention on the Elimination of All Forms of Discrimination against Women enters into force.
- 1992 – In Geneva (Switzerland), the UN Disarmament Conference adopts the draft convention for the total elimination of chemical weapons.
- 1996 – In Iraq, the United States launches two attacks with 44 missiles against military targets.
- 2009 – In the United States, Michael Jackson is buried at Forest Lawn Cemetery in Los Angeles, 70 days after his death.
- 2013 – Ariana Grande releases her debut album, Yours Truly.
Many Thanks To The following Website For This Valuable Content.
What is celebrated, saints and what happened on a day like today?